Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've been working on this one most of the day, and I think it's the best I've done so far. The dark cleft from which the feathers protrude took me a while as I messed around with colors and textures, but I'm happy with the results.

Feathers are becoming a constant in this collection, but I think they are a perfect metaphor for the technological theme. They represent intrusion in the images, particularly the new one below, but also renewal. I like the notion that they are can disturbing and beautiful, fascinating and abhorrent all at once.

This picture also represents something that my previous pieces only capture in part, that there is something exposed and unrevealed about personal technology that may young adults carry. There is what we see, jackets and wallpapers, bling and chains ... but there is also a hidden element; messages and information, pictures and details within that are private and personal.